This year Canada marks its 150th birthday, with holidaymakers invited to join in a countrywide, year-long celebration. The main focus for national events will be the capital city Ottawa, where 12 epic months of big, bold, immersive and moving experiences are on offer. To make the most of Ottawa in 2017, and to help visitors plan their trip, the dedicated Ottawa 2017 Bureau and the office of Mayor Jim Watson have released a mobile App in partnership with the Canadian bank CIBC.
Launched just before New Year’s Eve and powered by Bell, the free experiential App is available for download to iOS and Android devices. It provides details of upcoming Ottawa 2017 Signature Events, national partner events, sporting events, associated events and community events. The descriptions are image-led and users can search by theme, alphabetically or by event date. The App also contains rich video content set to music including a short overview of the Ottawa 2017 programme. There are also bite-sized films about individual events and experiences.
A virtual photo booth allows App users to take pictures using a variety of special filters; the first of which had a festive theme. More filters will be added throughout the year, each of which will be styled around an Ottawa 2017 experience. Other more interactive features will be added to the App in the coming months that will allow users to interact with events in real time.
For more about Ottawa’s epic programme of events in 2017 please visit www.ottawa2017.ca
Plan your trip to Ottawa www.ottawatourism.ca
- Alterra Mountain Co. makes 17 million dollar investment in Tremblant #Canadameetings 'Eventprofs businesseventscanada.ca/blog/mice-spot… 6 hours ago
- RT @VISITFLORIDA: The Keys are calling #LoveFL Credit: ift.tt/2HERVes https://t.co/WSiBZbUiaV 8 hours ago
- RT @oceansedgekw: Fresh seafood is the best seafood. Get a taste of Key West at some of our local favorites, like Hogfish Bar & Grill! #FLT… 8 hours ago
- Great to see so many agents at the @TravelBulletin North America roadshow event in Brighton last night. Role on Cam… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- #Canadameetings #Eventprofs twitter.com/EdmontonSCC/st… 1 day ago