This year Canada marks its 150th birthday, with holidaymakers invited to join in a countrywide, year-long celebration. The main focus for national events will be the capital city Ottawa, where 12 epic months of big, bold, immersive and moving experiences are on offer. To make the most of Ottawa in 2017, and to help visitors plan their trip, the dedicated Ottawa 2017 Bureau and the office of Mayor Jim Watson have released a mobile App in partnership with the Canadian bank CIBC.
Launched just before New Year’s Eve and powered by Bell, the free experiential App is available for download to iOS and Android devices. It provides details of upcoming Ottawa 2017 Signature Events, national partner events, sporting events, associated events and community events. The descriptions are image-led and users can search by theme, alphabetically or by event date. The App also contains rich video content set to music including a short overview of the Ottawa 2017 programme. There are also bite-sized films about individual events and experiences.
A virtual photo booth allows App users to take pictures using a variety of special filters; the first of which had a festive theme. More filters will be added throughout the year, each of which will be styled around an Ottawa 2017 experience. Other more interactive features will be added to the App in the coming months that will allow users to interact with events in real time.
For more about Ottawa’s epic programme of events in 2017 please visit www.ottawa2017.ca
Plan your trip to Ottawa www.ottawatourism.ca
- Happy Friday from the #FloridaKeys! Photo: Rob O'Neal bit.ly/2L5emKW https://t.co/XEWRSBNLOt 2 days ago
- RT @Ottawa_Tourism: Have you had the chance to visit @MosaicultureEN in Jacques-Cartier Park? With 45 beautiful floral masterpieces designe… 2 days ago
- RT @thefloridakeys: @Expedia We would definitely recommend splurging on FOOD! From fresh hogfish to fried conch, there are countless restau… 2 days ago
- RT @thefloridakeys: We have a #ThursdayThought for all nature lovers! For a chance to encounter a fascinating variety of exotic birds and m… 2 days ago
- Atlantic Canada's largest film festival takes place in Halifax #VisitNovaScotia this September. Check out the full… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago